Ex Service Personnel Support
This project aims to provide a range of dedicated counselling for ex-service personnel and their families and to facilitate links to other support networks, helping them in the transition back into everyday life.
We understand that experiencing military service and/or leaving military service for whatever reason can have a profound effect on individuals and their families’ wellbeing. We provide free, bespoke counselling interventions for each individual, matching them with the most appropriate counsellor. Some of our counsellors are ex-service men and women themselves and they have assisted in shaping our support to meet the many needs of this group of people.
Data is being collected to measure the impact of the service. Outcomes include:
- Increased wellbeing
- Better coping strategies
- Reduction in the use of prescription drugs
- Improved communication with family
- Keeping families together
- Helping other family members to access one to one counselling
- Gaining employment or training
- Working links have been made with other regional support agencies.
For further information or to discuss new commissioning opportunities please contact Marj Hunter on (0191) 440 8127 or email email@example.com
This project is commissioned by Gateshead Clinical Commissioning Group